Monday, July 8, 2013

How is it July Already?!


So I think I have taken my longest blog break ever. I didn't plan to take a break, but wonderful distractions took over... those distractions being my two children home from school and lots of time with my family!

I also enjoyed an amazing week with my sister, Julie. She came to visit for an entire week. We painted nails, shopped, watched rated R movies while we crafted late into the night ("dirty movie crafting"), laughed, shopped, and laughed some more. It was a week I will always cherish.

Here we are sweating it out at a swim meet. Notice the fab peacock earrings - one of our drug store clearance bin finds!

Last week was dreamy too - a week on my parents' farm in Missouri. We had the luck of a cold front. The temps (normally sweltering at this time) hovered around 80 degrees and we needed jackets at night!

My grandparents' barn. Many cows milked here!


No summer trip to the farm would be complete without a fireworks show. We can't do these in the burbs!

My son taking his first driving lesson in Old Blue.

I rode on this one with my grandpa when I was a little girl. So many happy memories attached to this old tractor.
Our last night on the farm. A hayride in the cool night air.
Now that we are back home for the rest of the summer, I'm ready to get back into my crafty groove. I'm excited about a new creative adventure that will take place later this week. On Thursday, I will be hosting my first Cloth Paper Scissors Webinar. I'll show you some fun ways to create mixed media faces, clothes, and accessories to use as collage elements. 
For more information or to sign up for the webinar, just click the link on the right.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! It looks like you're having a fun summer. I received the latest ClothPaperScissors and noticed that you have 2 dvds & teaching & now this webinar. I'm excited for you! All the best, Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia! It has been an exciting year. I'm really thankful for these neat opportunities! Hope your summer is going well!

      Delete
  2. I can't tell you how often I've thought of you jenny! Glad all is well. I saw your art and pic in a CPS I'm reading and was going to email you to see how you were. Awesome that you got to spend such fun family time in between your absolutely blooming art career-huge congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. Great to hear from you. I hope all is well and that you are having a great summer!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jenny--I haven't been "home" to the Langston farm for a while, so your photos made me smile, reminisce and enjoy! Thank you! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed Carolyn. We got so lucky with the weather. It was absolutely perfect. I just love it there!

      Delete
  4. Saw your facebook pics of the farm. Looks a fantastic place to have grown up.....great for the kids too. Hope to see you in Chicago. I am going to create to be with some midwestern buds and will be there. Oh and your interview with me was mentioned in a Technique Tuesday at Artists in Blogland, hope it sends some looksee's your way. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to meet you Corrine! I've been out of the loop here in bloggyville, but all for good, just busy with the kids. Glad to be back and to see what everyone is doing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Looks and sounds like you've been having a great summer so far! Your pictures are wonderful. Love the one of the tractor. And it's so nice that you had your sister visiting for a week. Dirty movie crafting sounds quite fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to hear from you Loulou. Will be stopping by to check out your blog soon. Hope your summer is going well.

      Delete
  6. and now it's nearly September. :-) so nice to meet you at Create, even if just for a moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, it was a delight to meet you too. I saw you for a second in the lobby as I was bringing my suitcases down. I went back to see if I could chat with you, but you were gone! I hope our paths will cross again soon. In the meantime, best wishes for all your wonderful classes, travels, and art adventures. You are one of my crafty idols!

      Delete