Monday, November 4, 2013

In the Midst of Chaos, Make Bracelets

October whizzed by. My house and studio make that quite obvious to me.

We've got interseason wardrobe pile-up (tank tops and sweaters wedged into crowded drawers, winter storage boxes left mid-raid on cold mornings, flip-flops and fuzzy boots jumbling up by the back door.)

My studio is also in complete disarray. As the staging area for Halloween costuming and decorating, it's been polluted with feathers, glitter, felt, and zombie blood.

Way too much pizza has been eaten in the last two weeks.

But in the midst of the chaos, I found time to sneak in a few experimental bracelets. I found these easy-to-braid leather bracelets for around $3 at Hobby Lobby.


I created this charm by riveting a brass star to a flat brass disc. Next, I embossed the piece with Ice Enamel powder. I put a layer of Ranger Melt Art UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) on top and melted the metal piece in my Melt Art melting pot. The Ice Enamel and UTEE are not designed to work together, but I wanted to see what would happen. The result was a really neat frosty effect.


For this one, I used a brass bezel. I painted the background with Vintaj patina paint in turquoise. After sanding it, I added some Ice Enamel powder around the edges. I crinkled hot pink wire into a heart shape and placed it into the bezel. Finally I put UTEE into the bezel and heated it in my melting pot.

Isn't it funny how random craft projects manage to sneak into our busy lives?!


2 comments:

  1. Sweet bracelets. Great that you challenged the materials. Looking forward to hopping with you on Friday. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Please search webstagram to discover nice photos and videos on instagram.

    ReplyDelete