Even though you are not entering my physical home, you are in my bubble when you visit me here... so you will be subjected as well. But don't be afraid. I will be featuring some holiday sparkly bits, but I promise to only share ideas that can be adapted for all kinds of celebrating.
Today's super easy sparkly - paper ornaments. Although I am using them as tree ornaments, these simple shapes can also be used as collage embellishments, tied to gifts and wine, or sewn together to form a garland. But why am I telling you crafty folks this? You've probably thought of 6 other ways to use them by now.
Here's the how.
1) Start with about three sheets of old textbook or dictionary paper. Sew shapes through all three layers. I did trees and balls, but I bet you can get more creative than that.
2) Cut each shape.
3) Quick coat of gesso.
4) Quick coat of Golden Iridescent Pearl followed by some spray inks.
5) Once dry, stencil some polka-dots and add embossing power. Apply heat to emboss.
6) Add silver or gold paint if desired, then hooks or ribbons to hang them.
7) Make yourself a cup of hot cocoa.