Monday, January 14, 2013

Collaboration: Mod Podge Fest 2013


Last year around this time, my daughter and I collaborated on a Mod Podge bird project. We had such a great time making those birds that we wanted to do another Mod Podge collaboration. We decided to make a new set of creatures each year. This year's choice? bugs.

We drew random bug shapes and traced the outlines to create wings that would fit each shape, then covered each wing with paper scraps.


Some paper scraps and a little bit of Mod Podge later, we enough bugs to cover a 10" square canvas.

What a cheerful reminder of great moments with my little girl. Are you collaborating with anyone right now?

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the idea of each wing having different papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady bug love and some other interesting flying ones. What fun. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corrine. The best part was making art with my girl. Good times.

      Delete
  3. So colourful and, well, can I call bugs pretty? I have a thing with them. While they don't really bother me in real life, while I'm asleep insects are a major player in the only recurring nightmares I've ever had. But my dream bugs are not nearly this cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loulou, I have had many creepy roach dreams in my day. What is up with that? We are so Kafka.

      Delete
  4. Oh how fun and colorful Jenny! Now these bugs I like very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. If only the bugs that sneak into my house from time to time were this colorful!

      Delete
  5. I love how you made it with your daughter. I hope my boys will want to craft with me when they are older. I might have to make ninjas or something though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will... it will just have to be explosive in some way! You are already giving them the crafty bug with all the cute stuff you do with them every day. They will remember all those little things. Mine do!

      Delete
  6. Oh what lovely bugs! I became a follower!! Like your blog

    ReplyDelete