Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Ticket





 Happy Ticket










Today was a rainy Friday. I had plenty of things I COULD do, but the High Museum of Art was calling me. Their exhibit, Fast Forward: Modern Moments 1913-2013, is ending later this month. I had to see it. I'm so glad I did.  You can watch the highlights here in my little film, Getting Out.
Or read along...





Getting Out
My day starts with a trip to the Marta station and a short train ride into the city. I enjoy just sitting in silence, watching the rain hit the windows, trying my best not to think about anything.On the Lawn
These wonderful sculptures are new to me. I realize I haven't been here since the summer. Why have I waited so long?

Winter Cafe
The cafe is closed, but I love that light sculpture running along the far wall.

I see art I know...

 Piet Mondrian

art I love...
Claes Oldenberg
and art I've never seen before...

 Untitled
 Untitled

As I leave I notice the lonely cocktail lounge, locked up for the day. The sparkly bottles look beautiful against the white building and winter trees reflected in the glass.

Window Shopping

It's a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Jenny! Thank you for sharing your day. The artwork is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always such a treat to be among the greats!

      Delete
  2. Sounds and looks like it was a great day, I love your little film too. But most of all, I love that last photo of the bottles and reflected trees. It's stunning!

    I am heading to the art gallery tomorrow. There is a Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera show to see. Can't wait.

    Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that shot as well and thought of you when I took it. Your blog photos inspire me!
      Frida and Diego are coming to Atlanta in February. I wonder if they are coming straight from Toronto? I CANNOT wait to see the exhibit. I love all that color and bold images.Enjoy!Can't wait to see your pics!

      Delete
  3. what a really nice way to get out and spend a day Jenny! I bet when you got back you had lots of art ideas floating in your head :) LOVE the photo of the bottles-really FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and textures. Whose sculpture, pretty cool metal (at least I think metal) works. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed seeing your images.. The winter trees look so beautiful and oddly appealing while it is so hot here!

    ReplyDelete