Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Experiment: Ruffled Gelli-Printed Deli Paper



I could not decide where to begin this morning, so I just started stitching paper. Simply touching the papers in my scrap bin got my creative juices flowing. I decided I wanted to work with my gelli-printed deli paper scrap pile. I started by ripping all the pieces into strips.


When I make gelli prints, I always use deli paper to clean off my gelli plate between colors. I also use the deli paper to experiment with an idea before using the "good" paper. As a result, I've got quite a stash!

I stitched each strip side by side onto a plain sheet of deli paper. Once the sheet was filled, I cut it in half and stitched the two halves together to form one long piece. I then crumpled and un-crumpled the piece several times. The result reminded me of a wonderful ruffly skirt.


I am excited about how I might use this technique in my work. I see more experimenting in my future. I also see more Gelli printing... my stash is now running low!


Gelli printers...How do you use your printed deli paper stash?

9 comments:

  1. Well first off, I never thought of this one. Thank you for inspiring me to pull out the sewing machine. Your ruffled gelli prints looks fabulous! I use my deli prints on cards that I make. I usually put them in the background some how or tear them up and glue them on to make a collage. All I know is I LOVE my gelli plate and prints! Your idea here is fabulous!:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know... I love that gelli plate too! I feel like there is no end to the fun I can have with it! thanks for visiting and happy gelli printing and stitching!

      Delete
  2. sadly I don't have a printed deli gelli paper stash:-( not yet, anyway! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to work on that Jan! Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Paper clothing? Once you deplate you must repeat. I've got to make a whole bunch too. Love the ruffles. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ... what a good excuse to have a giant printing day soon!

      Delete
  4. i can't find deli paper. i'm sure that sounds pathetic. probably not sure where to look for it but it's not at my market with the other "food" papergoods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, so glad you stopped by. I bought mine at Sam's Wholesale Club in the restaurant supply section. I had to buy 3 boxes, but ... I will use them for sure! (and it is very cheap!) Good luck and thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete

  5. Awer artiste is a helpful person and highly popular to the all sorts of individuals who love art and AweR artist has already made two large pieces featuring a furious dog and a psychedelic face.His characters should be viewed as creatures drawn from acid and hypnotic strokes which represent the different moods of life such as for instance anguish, roaming around and anger.

    ReplyDelete