I could not decide where to begin this morning, so I just started stitching paper. Simply touching the papers in my scrap bin got my creative juices flowing. I decided I wanted to work with my gelli-printed deli paper scrap pile. I started by ripping all the pieces into strips.
When I make gelli prints, I always use deli paper to clean off my gelli plate between colors. I also use the deli paper to experiment with an idea before using the "good" paper. As a result, I've got quite a stash!
I stitched each strip side by side onto a plain sheet of deli paper. Once the sheet was filled, I cut it in half and stitched the two halves together to form one long piece. I then crumpled and un-crumpled the piece several times. The result reminded me of a wonderful ruffly skirt.
I am excited about how I might use this technique in my work. I see more experimenting in my future. I also see more Gelli printing... my stash is now running low!