Sunday, February 12, 2012

A New Supply to Love

It is cold. 
My son is in bed with a fever. 
My husband had to go to work for a few hours.
A perfect afternoon for me and my girl to play with alcohol inks. 

I bought a few alcohol inks by mistake.
Thought... why not buy more colors along with the recommended tools
and see the error as a delight in disguise?


Bea and I cut some shiny paper into bookmark-sized rectangles 
and proceeded to make a huge mess.
Now we are in love with these inks.  







Not sure what we will do with these, 
but they have a Hubble Telescope Photo kind of allure. 
We can't stop looking at them.



Product Info: These inks are Ranger Adirondack. You can buy them at big craft stores here in the U.S. or you can buy them on Amazon.com. These are the colors and supplies I used:
Ink Colors (these came in packs of three):
Purple Twilight
Sunset Orange
Sunshine Yellow
Watermelon
Citrus
Sail Boat Blue
Metallic Mixatives (came in a pack of two):
Gold
Silver
Alcohol Blending Solution
Applicator and pads (This is a wooden velcro-covered stamp with a stack of felt rectangles. You apply the ink to the felt and stamp the color onto the surface. Toss the felt and start with a fresh one when you change colors. You can buy more felt rectangles, but I am just going to use craft felt that I have on hand and cut my own.)
Have fun!

7 comments:

  1. These are so cool! I've never heard of alcohol inks, will have to go google that. looks like a perfect activity for me and Semay to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great effect. I dont know if we can get those in Oz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments ladies! I am editing my post to add product info. I really did not think I would have so much fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like fun. I've never used alcohol inks but will give them a try. Did the inks dry completely on the shiny paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia, the inks dried completely! They are meant to work on non-porous surfaces like shiny paper, foil, metal, and glass. Haven't tried those, but that might be next!

      Delete
  5. Aren't alcohol inks so fun! The way they spread out and blend. I love your work. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - I added some of these to my "stash" and used them first on metal. Very interesting. I also saw a very intriguing article using them on clothing. Now you've done these magical pieces with great colors.... I may have to go play with mine soon! : )

    ReplyDelete