Thursday, September 16, 2010

Disintegration Bundle - Before and After

Way back in June, I bundled different papers, fibers, and doo dads together to make a bundle. I hung it from our jasmine-covered arbor in the back yard. Inspired by an article in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, I wanted to see what would happen to this baby after months of scorching heat, rain, humidity, bug invasions, and blistering sunshine.

Here's the end project, a collection of beautiful papers I can use in a collage or other project down the road. As expected from years of living through Georgia summers, the papers were quite moldy. But the mold made some beautiful designs and colors. My bundle had quite a bit of shade, so I did not see lots of sun damage. Should I make a new one for the winter?


No comments:

Post a Comment