Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Straight Out of My Treasure Stash


 
Over the weekend, I started my "Rampin Up My Crafty" efforts by taking inspiration from Heather Chevreau's CPS article called "Sweet Vignette Jewelry." Heather creates romantic felt necklaces (and sells them in her etsy shop!) that combine felt and bits of old lace with vintage chains and costume jewelry.

As I've mentioned before, I am the lucky recipient of many jars, boxes, and bags of old sewing notions and craft room glory from special ladies in my family. After I read Heather's article, my fingers could not stay still and my mind started moving into the netherworld of craftiness. I just had to dig through my collection of vintage trims, buttons, and random doodads. I ended up being drawn to one piece of lace, some old bra parts, a buckle, and a few swanky buttons. I put them all together with some inexpensive jump rings and a chain from the craft store.



 I wore the necklace to work today and thought of the unique ladies who kept everything and shared some of that everything with me. I am so glad they did.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! thank you so much for sharing your creation... i am quite tickled to be part of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me a bit of my junk lariat. oh I do wish we could craft side by side. Let's try to do that sometime- pick a project and see what we come up with and share on blogs, or do a swap, or something. You're really kicking but with this whole following CPS (the best magazine in the world) I'm impressed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a swap would be very fun. What should we do?

    ReplyDelete